Professional cricketers across the country are fundraising for the remainder of the 2020 season through goalgiving. Pledge to donate per run or per wicket for your favourite player. See the links below! ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
The Lord's Taverners run sport and educational programmes for young people. We need to do this because:
- 4.1 million children currently live in poverty – 30% of children in the UK, or 9 children in every class of 30
- Children who live in poverty are 4 times more likely to develop a mental health problem by age 11
- Disability and poverty are strongly connected. 38% of children in families where someone is disabled
- 45% of children from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds live in poverty compared to 30% of all children.
- 83% of young people with a disability are not taking part in regular sport
- Active young people are happier, more resilient and more trusting
- Girls are less likely to be active than boys, and Asian children are much less confident about taking part in activity than children from other ethnic groups
By creating opportunities, we will have a lasting impact on the lives of young people with a disability and those living in areas with a higher level of poverty, across the UK and beyond.
Become a goalgiver today to make a difference and change lives run by run, wicket by wicket.